1. Visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx
2. Click on the black Download Now link (the page will automatically recommend the best version of Internet Explorer for you) to download the Internet Explorer installer.
3. Run the downloaded file. (It is recommended that you exit all your other running programs.)
4. You may see a User Account Control message. In this case, allow the setup to run by clicking "Yes."
5. You will be greeted with a welcome screen. Click "Next" to continue.
6. You will be asked to read and accept the License Agreement. Click "I accept" to continue.
7. Choose the installation options and click "Next."
8. To complete the installation, you will need to restart your computer. Click "Restart Now" to do so.
9. Windows will restart and complete the installation automatically.